As I’m sitting in my dorm room, trying to breathe in the 100 degree NO A/C weather, I figured that I should write a blog post. I mean, it has been a month. While a lot has happened in this past month, I will try to make this post short and sweet.
Today is the last day of Freshman year. It is also the last day that USC schedules for final exams. My exam was scheduled for the last time slot today because naturally, I am a lucky person. Anyway, here are some accomplishments that I’ve made this semester:
- I’ve watched 16 Chinese movies by myself. And NONE of them were in English.
- I didn’t get Mono.
I went to Disneyland for the first time.
- I got tan.*
- I wrote my first screenplay.
- I met (well, saw and threw my book at) MINDY KALING.
- I was somewhat social
- I joined a satire newspaper (SACK OF TROY)
- I made it 2.5 weeks without television… (one week in Mexico and 1.5 weeks during finals)
- I went to a southern restaurant in California…just to make sure they were doing things right.
- I remembered to wear sunscreen (see the asterisk for “tan”)
- I didn’t buy any more DVDs (No, not even FROZEN)
- I conquered Writing 140.
- I got an editing job at Neon Tommy (I’m your new Entertainment News Editor!)
- I talked to B.J. NOVAK
- I finished Design Fundamentals and actually liked it.
I met some amazing friends.
- I chatted with Ellie Kemper about the TV show Girls.
- I fed a lot of amazing friends with my dining dollars.
- I hiked. 4 times (?)
- I ATE SALAD. Like maybe once a week. Or was it once every other week?
- I exercised during the month of January.
- I bonded EVEN MORE with people because I AM SOCIAL.
I’m sure that I accomplished more (maybe), but these are all I can think of right now. I leave for Atlanta tonight, and I couldn’t be more excited to see everyone. It’s going to be a good summer at home, but I must say that I’m going to miss USC so much.
I know that so many people have said that they can’t wait to spend the next 3 years at USC, but to be honest, I just can’t wait to spend the rest of my life knowing the people I’ve met this year. Y’all are awesome. Seniors, I will miss you all so much! Please come back to visit!
New North, I would try to get all nostalgic and friendly, but lets be real: You were not that kind of dorm. I will, however, miss your close proximity to TroGro.
The next time I blog, I’ll be in the ATL. Wearing Chacos, of course.
*when I say “tan,” what I really mean is “somewhat sunburned” or “a little bit of pigment.”
**Yes, I know that was a weird blog closing. For all you adults, that was me channeling my inner Gossip Girl.